2. Keep loose chargers and cables organized with a glasses case.
3. Use straws to carry travel-size amounts of skin care products.
4. Put a dryer sheet at the bottom of a suitcase to keep your clothes smelling fresh.
5. Use a spring from an old pen to protect chargers from bending and breaking.
6. Skip the long lines for airport bathrooms.
It may seem like common logic, but the first bathroom in the terminal is the most crowded one. Use the next one to skip the long waits and save precious time
7. Use a binder clip to protect the head of shaving razors.
8. If you forget your wall plug, charge devices through the USB slot on a TV.
9. Roll clothes, instead of folding, to save tons of baggage space.
10. If you have clothes that need to be folded, use tissue paper to keep them from wrinkling.
11. Use a pill container to keep jewelry organized and untangled.
12. Scan important documents before leaving for your trip.
13. Tuck your soap and wash cloth together with this easy-to-fold pouch.
14. A shower cap is an easy way to cover the bottoms of shoes.
15. Put smartphones in airplane mode to save battery and charge faster.
16. Keep your headphones from tangling by winding them around a binder clip.
17. Keep hair clips tidy with an empty Tic Tac container.
18. When packing, line collars with a belt to keep them crispy.
19. Sit in the seats near the wing of the plane for the least turbulence.
20. Keep your travel-size containers and refill them, instead of buying new each time.
21. To use Google Maps offline, type “OK Maps,” and the visible area will save for future access.
22. Instead of buying water at the airport, bring an empty bottle along and fill it up after passing security.
23. When reserving airline seats for 2 people, get the aisle and window.
24. Pack your suit coats inside out to keep them clean and avoid creasing.
25. Wait to buy airline tickets until 3 p.m. on Tuesdays.
Typically this is when the big Airlines reduce their fares in order to compete with the discount airlines like Southwest and JetBlue. If you’re looking to save some money, this is the time to buy
26. Prevent messy spills in your luggage.
27. Get the WiFi password for many establishments by checking the comments section of FourSquare.
28. Use your GPS when traveling abroad.
If you’re travelling abroad without an in ternational plan, turn on airplane mode and turn off data to use the GPS without connecting to the internet. Simply load the Google map of the area before heading out the hotel, and you’ve got a fully functional map to navigate the area.
29. Get a free cell phone charger if you forgot yours at home.
Forget your charger? Often times hotel front desk’s will have a box full of chargers left by previous guests.
30. Skip the wait at the baggage claim.
Even if it’s not, marking your bag with a fragile label leads to gentler handling by airport staff. Also, they’re often loaded on the top of the other luggage meaning it’s one of the first to come out at the baggage claim.
31. Save time packing on the go.
32. Get free WiFi at airports
33. For bonus points, travel with a power strip and be the airport hero.
34. Get the WiFi password for many establishments by checking the comments section of FourSquare.
35. Speed Up Going Through Security
When going through security, stuff your small belongings like wallets, keys and phones into your bag before placing it on the conveyor belt. It eliminates the need for separate bins and saves you time.
36. Cram the most into your carry on.
37. Certain times are better for using the airplane bathroom
Since most airlines don’t let you stand in line for the restrooms, the best times to use it are right after the plane has leveled off and 15-20 minutes before landing.
37. Use ATMs instead of airport currency exchanges to save money.
Many ATMs will offer much lower rates than what you can get from the airport currency exchanges.
38. As a treat to yourself, send yourself a postcard from each day of your travels
It’ll be a nice treat to come home to and make the transition back to reality easier.
39. Remove other tourist from your vacation photos
40. On your last day in a foreign country, collect all your loose money and give it to the homeless.
Most importantly… Keep traveling!!